What do we mean when we say...?
Community Based Organisation
Indigenous agricultural knowledge
Self Help Group
- Grow crops that are resilient in the face of external shocks such as climate change;
- Free themselves from dependence on external inputs such as inorganic fertilisers;
- Be able to sell directly to local markets for a fair price;
- Preserve the productivity of the soil for future generations;
- Have a voice in their community so that they can demand access to essential services such as health care and education.